Sony announced this week that they will be supporting both on-board ProRes and DNxHD codecs as a future hardware upgrade option for their F5 and F55 cameras. We assume that dual simultaneous codec recording options will be available as with their other recording formats, although there wasn’t much detail in the official announcement. This would allow an easy HD post production path without the need for any transcoding, while also still recording 4K to preserve archival and finishing options. This is a hardware upgrade, so it will not be free, but Sony has yet to reveal any additional details on pricing or availability. We look forward to finding out more at NAB.
Sony to support ProRes and DNxHD codecs for F5 and F55 cameras
- Snehal Patel Forms FearlessProductions.tv to Educate the Entertainment Industry About Virtual Production
- Panavision President and CEO Kim Snyder Receives the HPA Alchemist Award
- IBC 2023 Blackmagic Design Product Announcements For Multi-cam and Live Production
- Blackmagic Announces Free App Bringing Their Digital Film Camera Controls to the Apple iPhone
- ARRI Introduces SkyPanel X – a Modular, All-weather LED with RGBACL Full-spectrum Light Engine and 8 Pixel Zones per Panel