SIGMA has announced pricing and availability of the new 28-70mm F2.8 DG DN | Contemporary lens, an ultra-compact, fast-aperture standard zoom lens for Sony E-mount and L-mount cameras from SIGMA, Leica and Panasonic. It will be available in the US through authorized dealers on March 12, 2021 with an MSRP of $899. Key features include:
- At time of release, it is the smallest and lightest full-frame F2.8 standard zoom for mirrorless systems.
- Available in Sony E-Mount and L-Mount for L-mount cameras from SIGMA, Leica, and Panasonic
- At just 16.6 ounces, it is almost a pound lighter than the 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN | Art lens (31.4 ounces).
- Fast maximum aperture of F2.8, providing consistent low-light capability from 28mm to 70mm.
- SIGMA Art-level optical performance with sharpness throughout the focal range.
- Nine-blade rounded aperture and optical formula for pleasing bokeh.
- Lens offers excellent edge-to-edge performance with well-controlled axial chromatic aberration and sagittal coma aberration.
- Dust and splash-proof mount with water and oil-repellent front element coatings.
- Working distance of approx. 2.8 inches (7cm) at 1:3.3 magnification at 28mm for close-ups and casual macro opportunities.
- Stepping motor for swift, accurate, quiet autofocus for both still and video. Compatible with AF-C for eye-detect AF and real-time tracking.