A great new website, ShotOnWhat.com is a comprehensive resource cataloging the technology that has been used to make the magic we see on screen. We are offered an unbiased look behind the curtain to see exactly what path any project may have taken for Production, Post, and Distribution. Their goal is to specifically archive what gear, formats, and processes were used on projects spanning the history of motion pictures, everything from set to screen. Details are contributed, when possible, and can be edited by the actual filmmaking teams who served the project, so you can now see a movie and quickly reference the elements that helped create it including key personnel and the tools they used. This knowledge can only help to inform the choices we make on future projects and is a great contribution to the filmmaking community. With so many tools now available to Filmmakers, it’s great to have ShotOnWhat?
- SIGMA Introduces Two New Full-Frame Prime Lenses: a 15mm F1.4 Diagonal Fisheye and a Rugged Lightweight 500mm Telephoto
- Now Streaming: 2024 DCS Cinema Lighting Expo
- Announcing Teradek TV – an all-in-one Live Feed and Recording Platform for Live Production and Remote Collaboration
- ARRI introduces Orbiter Beam – the First Long Throw Optic for their LED Lighting Line
- ZEISS introduces the Nano Prime family of high-speed cine lenses for mirrorless full frame cameras