In a February 25th Facebook Premiere event, Rosco announced their new DMG DASH™. The DASH is a pocket-sized LED Kit utilizing Rosco’s MIX technology. This fully accessorized, broad color spectrum LED fixture brings MIX technology into a portable and versatile handheld form factor. DMG DASH features include:
• Color mixing capabilities using the same six-chip LED set found in all of Rosco’s MIX lights, so the DMG DASH can create over 130 True Rosco Color™ gel matches and light output with high 95+ CRI and 90+ TLCI values.
• Full range of accessories are included in each kit with a complete set of magnetized beam shaping tools, including flat diffuser panel, dome diffuser, eggcrate, and a gel holder for additional Rosco gel or diffusion. Also included are a light standmount, a magnet mount and a durable carrying case.
• Boost Mode feature allows for 380 Lux at 1 meter, in a 5 x 3.1 x 1.1 inch light
• The DMG DASH can be controlled via its onboard menu options and preset dial, or via Bluetooth using the myMIX®app. Modes include Gel, White, Color, Effects, and Source Match
• Weatherproof and Durable Build: with an outdoor rating for use in all weather conditions and a solid Aluminum Alloy housing, DMG DASH can deliver high performance in tough filmmaking environments.
• DMG DOT accessory for DMG DASH includes a silicone half globe diffuser that envelopes the DMG DASH, creating wrap around light designed as an eye light or for adding a dash of color into a tabletop spot, or for use as an on-screen practical.
Kit configurations include the basic DMG DASH Pocket LED Kit with case, USB-C cable, flat diffuser, dome diffuser, eggcrate, light stand and magnet mounts, and gel holder at a list price of $279 USD. The Quad Kit includes four complete pocket kits, a carrying case and a LINK accessory to configure and mount the four lights together at a list price of $1250 USD. First delivery of the product is expected in Spring, 2021. For more information visit: https://dash.rosco.com
(Keep an eye out for an upcoming DCS Road Test review of the DMG DASH.