IBC2021 has confirmed to return as a live in-person event to take place at the RAI in Amsterdam from December 3rd through the 6th. The Conference and Exhibition will take place simultaneously after having been pushed back from their traditional slot during the second week of September. A recent survey of visitors and exhibitors conducted by the IBC Partnership Board concluded that two thirds of respondents felt robust onsite health and safety protocols would encourage them to attend, with vaccination passport entry by far the most popular measure. 86% of survey respondents also said they were very likely, and 13% likely to have been vaccinated by December. Two thirds of respondents also indicated they already feel ready to travel, and a vast majority expect any corporate travel restriction policies to be updated by the end of the summer.
These are always subject to change, but expos scheduled as of this time include:
– Filmscape Chicago is set to be both in-person and virtual August 28-29, 2021 on the Cinespace Lot
– CINE GEAR EXPO is scheduled for September 23-26, 2021 in person at Paramount, Hollywood
– NAB is scheduled for October 10-13, 2021 at the Las Vegas Convention Center
-CINEC is set for October 29-31, 2021 at the MOC Events Center, Munich Germany, (however, Germany’s Oktoberfest has been canceled again in 2021 due to coronavirus, so this may change.)
– CameraImage is happening November 13-20, 2021 in Torun, Poland.
– CES 2022 will return to the Las Vegas Convention Center from January 5th though the 8th, 2022.
The Digital Cinema Society is also eager to reconvene our popular DCS Cinema Lighting Expo into a somewhat crowded fall timeframe; so stay tuned for details.