With the start of CES 2024, OWC has announced a new model of ThunderBlade, which they are claiming as the fastest available shuttle and edit RAID SSD for creative professionals. Boasting speeds up to 2949MB/s with up to 16% higher capacity and efficiency in RAID 5 ThunderBlade has been purpose built to seamlessly handle data-intensive tasks for media production and post in fast-paced environments where time is money, ThunderBlade navigates through uncompressed, high-bandwidth content streams with unmatched speed and reliability. Extremely mobile and featuring an integrated fin-designed cooling system, ThunderBlade is well suited for work on set, in the edit suite, or safely traveling between shoots in its ballistic hard-shell case.
ThunderBlade Highlights include:
- Speeds up to 2949MB/s
- Capacity of up to eight NVMe M.2 SSDs for up to 32TB
- Up to 4TB (16.7%) higher capacity in RAID 4/5 with new X8 model
- Over 16% higher performance in RAID 4/5 redundant configurations with Apple Silicon (all M1 and later including Pro / Max / Ultra) machines with X8
- Easy RAID: robust software for creating, monitoring, and managing advanced RAID sets
- Versatile: daisy-chain up to five additional Thunderbolt devices or connect a USB-C device or display via the second Thunderbolt port
- Reliable: heat dissipating fanless aluminum chassis keep you working silently at top speed
- Informative: confirm use status instantly via integrated LED
- Mobile: compact footprint and custom-fit ballistic hard-shell case make this the perfect shuttle drive
- Certified: meets Intel Thunderbolt and OWC operating certifications for assured performance and reliability
- Includes 3 Year OWC Limited Warranty
Pricing and Availability: ThunderBlade is available in 8TB, 16TB, or 32TB capacities and available for pre-order today at macsales.com starting at $1,749.99.