OWC, a leading provider of Memory, External Drives, SSDs, Mac & PC docking solutions, and performance upgrade kits, has recently announced an array of new storage and workflow solutions including many for the new Apple MacBook Pro with M1 Pro and M1 Max.
The latest announcement from OWC is their new miniStack STX, billed as the world’s first Thunderbolt™ 4 Certified storage and hub expansion solution that seamlessly stacks with the Mac mini. It also offers a Plug and Play expansion companion for Thunderbolt™ or USB-equipped Macs, PCs, iPads, Chromebooks, and Android tablets. Three Thunderbolt™ 4 (USB-C compatible) ports connect to millions of Thunderbolt™, USB-C and future USB4 devices and accessories. A universal HDD/SSD bay and an NVMe M.2 SSD slot provide ample storage capacity expansion and can be combined in a RAID 1 configuration. With up to 770MB/s of storage performance, the OWC miniStack STX is designed for bandwidth-intensive video editing, photography, audio, virtual machines, and everyday data backup and access tasks. The OWC miniStack STX lets you expand your connections by connecting to nearly any past, present, or future device and accessory via three Thunderbolt™ 4 (USB-C) ports. They reinvent the daisy chain by allowing you to create three independent chains with up to five Thunderbolt™, USB, or display devices. You can now also remove devices from one chain without affecting the other chain(s). The OWC miniStack STX is available for pre-order now on Macsales.com starting at $299.00
OWC has also announced their “Fast Forward Rental Program” for their Jellyfish product line. Jellyfish is an all-inclusive hardware-as-a-service program allowing creative professionals to collaborate. The Fast Forward program allows quick scaling by offering Jellyfish Mobile with either 48 or 96TB of storage along with accessories like 10Gb adapters and LTO drives, plus Jellyfish software, support, and remote monitoring, all on an annual subscription. That means no up-front cost and customers don’t have to try and guess exactly how much storage or how many connections they’ll need 2-3 years from now. For those ready to upgrade, OWC will send a new server, help transfer footage, and take the old one back. The Fast Forward program is only available in the US, and your Jellyfish will always need a stable internet connection.
The Aura Pro NT high-performance NVMe SSD is designed to give 2016-2017 MacBook Pro the ability to handle today’s apps and OS updates that often require more install space. With media resolutions increasing, making files bigger, the best choice could be to give your MacBook Pro the capacity to do more by upgrading to Aura Pro NT. With up to 16x more space over factory drive options, this high-performance SSD will keep your Mac running optimally for years at a fraction of the cost of buying a new model while keeping all your settings just the way you like them. It includes tools for easy DIY installation and comes with a 5 Year OWC limited warranty starting at $89.00, with capacities ranging from 240GB, 480GB, 1TB, and 2TB.
OWC has also recently announced the all-new Accelsior 8M2 which can bring impressive speed and storage capacity to 2019 Mac Pros, Windows or Linux computers, and PCIe expansion systems. It utilizes the total bandwidth of the latest PCIe technology and has a highly efficient heat dissipating design to provide reliable speeds up to 26,000MB/s. Each OWC Accelsior 8M2’s eight NVMe M.2 SSD slots can run at their full x4 lanes of data throughput. All that fast speed through an entire PCIe 4.0 x16 lane architecture with up to 64TB of storage. The OWC Accelsior 8M2 SSD includes SoftRAID XT software for complete drive management, and is available now at MacSales.com in capacities ranging from 0TB (add your own drives) starting at $799.00 and 2TB, 4TB, 8TB, 16TB, 32TB and 64TB models starting at $1,299.00.
OWC introduces Mercury Elite Pro mini USB-C Portable Storage Solution, a universal USB compatible bus-powered drive for saving, accessing, and backing up your work with plug and play ease and up to 4TB of storage capacity at 542MB/s real-world performance speeds.
- OWC Thunderbolt Dock:is available now on Macsales.com from MSRP $279.00
- OWC 14 Port Thunderbolt 3 Dock:is available now on Macsales.com from MSRP $299.00
- OWC Thunderbolt Hub:is available now on Macsales.com from MSRP $179.00
- OWC Thunderbolt 4 / USB-C Cable: is available now in 0.72m, 1.0m and 2.0m on Macsales.com from MSRP $24.00
- OWC Envoy Pro Elektron: 240GB to 2TB is available now on Macsales.com from MSRP $99.00
- OWC Envoy Pro SX: 240GB to 2TB is available now on Macsales.com from MSRP $179.00
- OWC ThunderBlade: 1TB to 32TB is available now on Macsales.com from MSRP $749.00
- OWC ThunderBay 4: 0GB enclosure (add your own drives) or from 4TB to 72TB is available now on Macsales.comfrom MSRP $369.00
- OWC ThunderBay 8: 0GB enclosure (add your own drives) or from 16TB to 144TB is available now on Macsales.com from MSRP $649.00
- OWC ThunderBay Flex 8: 0GB enclosure (add your own drives) or from 32TB to 144TB solutions available now on Macsales.com from MSRP $1,199.00
- See all options for docks, external storage and Thunderbolt solutions at Macsales.com