In response to feedback from their partners and customers NOKIA has added a host of new features to both the OZO Camera and the OZO Software suite, which comes bundled with the camera. Most significantly, OZO Software suite is now available for both the Mac and PC platforms. The software suite’s multi-platform support will greatly increase the number of people who can use the system.
At the same time, stitching speeds have been greatly increased saving valuable post-production time. Stitching 3D 360 files is now 25 percent faster on MacOS than it was for the last update in June. Similarly, using recommended hardware specs for the new Windows version of OZO Creator, customers can expect nearly 50 percent faster stitching times than the previous release.
Other important OZO Camera and Firmware updates include:
● Assisted Exposure Mode: Creators can trigger the exposure on and off during recording and it can auto-adjust in reaction to lighting changes. Creators can – automatically, with a single click – find the optimal exposure time using OZO Remote or by holding down the “Capture” button on the camera for four seconds.
● OZO Remote Web interface: Using a standard web browser, the OZO camera and settings can now be controlled via a mobile device or tablet. Creators can connect a mobile device to the Wi-Fi access point of OZO and remotely start, stop, capture and control all other settings anywhere within Wi-Fi range.
● Wi-Fi Monitoring: It’s now possible to use OZO Remote’s Real-Time Monitoring
● Rotated Monitoring: OZO Remote’s Real-Time Monitoring feature now supports the ability to mount the OZO camera upside-down and retain a right-side up monitoring view.
● Improved White Balance: The illuminants we have predefined will produce a more accurate gray axis and even more accurate color tones resulting in brilliant whites in various lighting conditions.
● Lossless Audio Export for OZO Audio workflow: A new format enables lossless audio for OZO. A new Broadcast Wave Format (BWF) based audio export from OZO Creator to Steinberg Nuendo DAW environment in lossless 24-bit PCM audio format.
Both the full release of the MacOS version of OZO Update 1.3.0, as well as the OZO Windows Open Beta release are available immediately for download from the NOKIA OZO website.