Veteran Camera Operator and Founding Member of the Digital Cinema Society, Jay Nefcy passed away recently at the age of 74. Jay grew up in Detroit and after moving to Los Angeles built a solid career in the Camera department. He served as Camera Operator for countless film and television productions before helping to pioneer the role of Digital Imaging Technician. He was also instrumental in the “International Cinematographer’s Guild Heritage Series,” serving as Cinematographer and Interviewer on many of the 433 oral and visual history interviews of ICG Directors of Photography, Camera Operators and Assistants, Visual Effects Supervisors, Still Photographers, and Publicists. Jay retired to Oregon a few years back with his wife of 39 years, Denise. He will be missed by his friends and the many organizations he served.
DCS Mourns The Loss of Pioneering Digital Imaging Technician Jay Nefcy
- James Eggleton and Delwyn Holroyd receive Sci-Tech Award for CODEX High Density Workflows
- Core Introduces NANO X – A New Family of Battery Products
- Quasar Science introduces the Ossium Ladder, a flexible tube light rigging solution
- SIGMA Introduces Two New Full-Frame Prime Lenses: a 15mm F1.4 Diagonal Fisheye and a Rugged Lightweight 500mm Telephoto
- Now Streaming: 2024 DCS Cinema Lighting Expo