DCS members and associates are invited to attend the launch of the new CineAlta® full frame 36x24mm Digital Motion picture camera. Although this has long been a standard sensor size in still cameras, Full Frame Cinema lenses have here to fore been scarce in the marketplace. Sony’s new large sensor has been exclusively designed for this Digital Motion Picture Camera. It is aspect ratio-agnostic – including Full Frame, Super35 4K 4-perf 4:3 Anamorphic and 4K spherical 3-perf 17:9. It will maintain the workflows established with Sony’s 16bit RAW/X-OCN and XAVC, and is compatible with current and upcoming hardware accessories for CineAlta cameras (DVF-EL200 Full HD OLED Viewfinder, AXS-R7 recorder, AXS-CR1 and AR1 card reader, AXS and SxS memory cards).
• An exclusive opportunity: be among the first to get hands-on time with Sony’s next-gen CineAlta camera.
• Premier screening of the first film shot on the new camera presented by special guests.
• Hear the filmmakers share their experiences shooting anamorphic.
• Enjoy in-depth discussions with the CineAlta development team in our Digital Motion Picture Center.
• Experience Sony’s immersive Crystal LED™ giant display – in 4K High Dynamic Range.
• Hors d’oeuvres and refreshments will be served in the Rita Hayworth Lounge.
• FREE Parking.