Join the Digital Cinema Society, Adorama Pro & ARC Rentals on Wednesday, August 6th for a discussion on Indie Film Finance and Distribution.
The business of Show Biz is often a mystery to the Indie Filmmaker. We aim to explain and demystify the many approaches to motion picture finance and the variety of ways Producers can try to earn a return on their investment. Subject matter experts and veteran Filmmakers will join a panel discussion moderated by DCS President James Mathers to offer their insight and practical experience on not only getting movies made, but also successfully selling their distribution rights.
• Vann Alexandra Daly, a crowdfunding producer whose expertise has earned her the name the “crowdsourceress.” Her company has produced several successful crowdfunding campaigns raising millions of dollars for clients ranging from Oscar and Emmy nominated filmmakers to Neil Young. Additionally, she is a columnist for Big Think, and produces films which have received support from the MacArthur Foundation, Sundance, Tribeca, and more.
• Roderic David, CEO of Thunder Studios, who recently announced the creation of Thunder Funder, an initiative solely devoted to the Indie film industry that will invest $12,000,000 annually into the creation and distribution of twelve independent films.
• Frederic Lumiere, Indie Filmmaker and CEO of Lumiere Media, Inc., an award-winning independent production company that has developed a wide variety of programming including the feature, Tomorrow is Today, for Cinemax, The Wereth Eleven for Nat Geo, WWII in HD and 70’s Fever for the History Channel, on which Frederic served as Producer/Director/Editor.
• Simon N. Pulman of Cowan, DeBaets, Abrahams & Sheppard LLP is a transactional attorney focused on entertainment and media law. He advises a variety of scripted, reality and documentary productions in financing, production and distribution matters. Services include negotiating financing, rights acquisition, music licenses and talent agreements; advising on clearance and fair use issues; ensuring guild compliance; and negotiating distribution and foreign sales agreements.
• Mark Pederson, CEO of OffHollywood Pictures, formed to develop, co-produce, and produce original content as an adjunct to their technology and production services division. Films produced in association with Offhollywood Pictures include the 2 time Academy Award nominee, Frozen River, and Stakeland, winner of the 2010 Toronto Film Festival Audience Award in addition to 2013 Sundance Film Festival world premieres The Lifeguard and Ass Backwards.
Doors open at 6:30pm, Presentation from 7-9pm. Refreshments will be served. Space is limited, please RSVP at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dcs-indie-film-finance-distribution-event-at-adorama-tickets-12240221833