DCS is happy to announce that two of our supporters have officially joined forces. Cartoni, the Rome-based designer and manufacturer of professional camera support products for film and television, has acquired Manios Digital & Film, the North Hollywood-based camera equipment supplier who has represented Cartoni products across the United States since 1989. The merger will allow Cartoni to further expand and better serve the rest of the Americas with a dedicated warehouse and service center. Steve Manios will assume the position of Vice President of Sales and Marketing. Founded in 1935, Cartoni is the only support company that designs, manufactures, and assembles its products in Europe, including fluid heads, encoded and nodal heads, tripods, and pedestals, as well as spreaders, jibs, dollies, and other accessories. The company owns over three dozen patents for its fluid action and counterbalance technology and has received international recognition, including a Scientific and Technical Achievement Award from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
Cartoni Acquires Longtime Dealer Manios Digital & Film
- James Eggleton and Delwyn Holroyd receive Sci-Tech Award for CODEX High Density Workflows
- Core Introduces NANO X – A New Family of Battery Products
- Quasar Science introduces the Ossium Ladder, a flexible tube light rigging solution
- SIGMA Introduces Two New Full-Frame Prime Lenses: a 15mm F1.4 Diagonal Fisheye and a Rugged Lightweight 500mm Telephoto
- Now Streaming: 2024 DCS Cinema Lighting Expo