Canon has announced the addition of three new zooms to their RF mount line: the RF-S10-18mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM, the RF24-105mm F2.8 L IS USM Z, and the RF200-800mm F6.3-9 IS USM lenses. The RF-S10-18mm offers users of APS-C sensor size EOS R-series cameras an ultra wide-angle zoom with features including:
- 10–18mm ultra-wide zoom (equivalent to 16-29mm on full-frame camera).
- Image Stabilization, for even greater hand-held sharpness and steadiness.
- Compact and lightweight design, making a good option for travel.
- A new optical design, optimized for RF lens mount and APS-C sensor size.
The RF24-105mm F2.8 L IS USM Z combines a consistent fairly fast f/2.8 maximum aperture with portrait-length telephoto coverage with features including:
- Constant overall length when zooming.
- Manual aperture ring for video use.
- Optimized optics for high-level video.
- Image stabilization.
Designed with nature, wildlife, and outdoor sports coverage in mind, the RF200-800mm F6.3-9 IS USM super telephoto zoom lens is lightweight and easy to hold in your hand with image stabilization to help with long lens steadiness, even when handheld. Unique features include:
- Up to 800mm focal length.
- Up to 5.5 stops image stabilization.
- Compatible with optional Canon RF 1.4x and 2x tele extenders.
- Weather-resistant design.
- Rotating tripod mount.
Additionally, Canon has announced a Power Zoom Adapter for the RF24-105mm for super-smooth zooming during cine operation. This detachable device will be available in a standard version of the Power Zoom Adapter as well as a 20-pin port version to support zoom and focus demands. The firmware updates that will be available in early December for the EOS C70 and EOS R5 C cameras will add support for the RF24-105mm.
The RF-S10-18mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM, the RF24-105mm F2.8 L IS USM Z, and the RF200-800mm F6.3-9 IS USM lenses are expected to be available in December for estimated retail prices of $329.99, $2,999.00, and $1,899.00, respectively. The two versions of the Power Zoom Adapter for the RF24-105mm F2.8 L IS USM Z will be available Spring 2024 for an estimated retail price of $999.99, and $1,299.002 for the version with the 20-pin port. For more information, please visit usa.canon.com.