Canon has introduced an interchangeable lens capable of stereoscopic 3D 180° VR shooting to a single image sensor. It is called the RF5.2mm F2.8 Dual Fisheye lens and will be available in late December 2021 at $1,999US. It’s compatible with the EOS R5 Mirrorless Digital Camera. The dual high-performance L-series fisheye lenses combine imagery onto a single image sensor to help simplify 3D workflows by eliminating the need to sync and stitch multiple video files. Creators can go from capturing traditional stills or video to stereoscopic 3D capture with a simple lens swap, and the pairing of this lens with the EOS R5 provides for high resolution video recording at up to DCI 8K 30fps and DCI 4K 60 fps. Currently available for preorder.
• Shoot stereoscopic 3D* with a 60mm interpupillary distance
• 190° field of view capture for 180° VR viewing
• L-Series RF mount lens for easy lens swaps to VR shooting
• Convenient VR workflow outputting a single image file
• Flare control in backlit conditions from use of SWC
• Maximum aperture of f/2.8 to a deep depth of field f/16
• Compact, lightweight, and portable