Blackmagic Design has announced Camera Update 1.8 and DaVinci Resolve 11. New Camera firmware, offered free of charge, includes the following improvements:
- New code base for all Blackmagic cameras for increased performance with a new user interface similar to the Blackmagic URSA.
- Adds compressed RAW DNG support for the Blackmagic Production Camera 4K model.
- Enhanced lens control support for EF mount lenses including auto focus when pushing the focus button on active EF based lenses; (the cameras will mathematically analyze the center of the image and optimize the focus for maximum sharpness).
- Improves the focus peaking display allowing more accurate manual focus
- Iris control has been changed, due to customer request, to hold its setting between record and playback.
- Updates for the original Blackmagic Cinema Camera models, such as improved audio performance and a completely rewritten new higher quality de-bayer processor allowing cleaner images when recording to file formats such as ProRes or DNxHD.
- Other benefits for the original Blackmagic Cinema Camera include enhancements to the camera’s dynamic range when shooting at 1600 ISO.
- Improvements for the Pocket Cinema Camera are also included in this update,such as the new interface, new focus peaking and improved de-bayer quality, plus additional active MFT lens support for lenses including Sigma and Lumix.