Blackmagic Design premiered their new camera line at NAB including a new sensor, the URSA Mini and their own EVF. The new sensor is Super 35, 4.6K with a global shutter, and is said to reach up to 15 stops of dynamic range. This sensor is available in the new URSA Mini which also features a compact and lightweight form factor, switchable global or rolling shutter and a 5 inch fold out viewfinder along with dual RAW and Apple ProRes recording capability.
The Mini is available in 4 models; customers can choose either EF or PL lens mounts and 4K or 4.6K image sensors and will be available in July 2015. Prices range from US$2,995 for the URSA Mini 4K EF, US$3,495 for the URSA Mini 4K PL, US$4,995 for the URSA Mini 4.6K EF and US$5,495 for the URSA Mini 4.6K PL models.
Blackmagic URSA Mini Key Features:
• Four models with the choice of two sensors, 4.6K or 4K sensor in EF or PL mount.
• Built in dual CFast 2.0 card recorders allow unlimited duration recording in high quality.
• Open file formats compatible with popular software, such as CinemaDNG 12 bit RAW. No custom file formats.
• Support for CinemaDNG 4.6K RAW files and ProRes 4444 XQ, ProRes 4444, ProRes 422 HQ, ProRes 422, ProRes 422 LT, ProRes 422 Proxy recording at Ultra HD and HD resolutions.
• Features all standard connections, including dual XLR mic/line audio inputs with phantom power, 12G-SDI output for monitoring with camera status graphic overlay and separate XLR 4 pin power output for viewfinder power, headphone jack, LANC remote control and standard 4 pin 12V DC power connection.
• Built in high quality stereo microphones for recording sound.
• 5 inch foldout 1080 HD touchscreen for on-set monitoring and menu settings.
• Includes full copy of DaVinci Resolve software color grading and editing software.