Blackmagic Design has announced that DaVinci Resolve is now available for use on an iPad. The app is optimized for MultiTouch technology and Apple Pencil giving DaVinci Resolve for iPad features support for cut and color finishing tools including the latest HDR workflows. DaVinci Resolve for iPad will be available in Q4 2022 from the Apple App Store as a free download, with an upgrade to DaVinci Resolve Studio for iPad also available as an in-app purchase. DaVinci Resolve for iPad Features include:
- Cut page for editing and the color pages are optimized for the 12.9-inch iPad Pro display.
- Up to 4x Ultra HD ProRes render performance improvement with the M2 chip.
- Supports Apple Neural Engine features in DaVinci Resolve Studio for iPad.
- Compatible with DaVinci Resolve 18 project files.
- Supports multi-user collaboration via Blackmagic Cloud.
- Supports H.264, H.265, ProRes and Blackmagic RAW media files.
- Supports clips from iPad storage, Photos library and iCloud.
- Import clips from external USB-C disks.
- Works with Apple Pencil, Magic Trackpad, Magic Keyboard and Smart Keyboard Folio.
- External monitoring via Apple Studio Display, Pro Display XDR or an AirPlay display.
- Supports HDR display on 12.9-inch iPad Pro with the M1 chip.
- Compatible with iPadOS 16 or newer.