Blackmagic Design has announced several new updates for DaVinci Resolve 18.1 including support for editing in vertical resolutions for social media, as well as automatic locking of individual timelines within bins for multi user collaboration. This update also adds DaVinci Neural Engine enabled AI dialogue leveler and AI voice isolation tools to the cut, edit and Fairlight pages as well as vector keyframing for Fairlight automation curve editing. Fairlight grid support has also been added allowing customers to position clips on a grid based on timecode or musical tempo. DaVinci Resolve 18.1 also makes projects imported from ATEM Mini ISO projects easier to edit for customers, with audio now attaching to the video clips.
DaVinci Resolve 18.1 Key Features
- Vertical resolution options in project settings for social media.
- Select custom thumbnails and channels for YouTube uploads.
- Support for individual timeline locks enhancing multi-user collaboration.
- New DaVinci Neural Engine enabled voice isolation in Studio.
- New Dialogue Leveler for natural smooth audio.
- Vector keyframing for Fairlight automation curve editing.
- Fairlight grid support for editing to timecode or musical tempo.
- Reorganized and streamlined view menu.
- Support for Resolve FX Dust Buster in the edit timeline.
- Improvements to ATEM Mini ISO project import to keep audio attached to video clips.
- Improved speed editor functionality in the edit page.
- Subtitle caption properties can now be overridden individually.
- Support for subtitle track presets and per-track formatting rules.
- Support for Magic Mask in the Fusion page.
- Support for Dolby Vision cinema trims.
- Support for fractional display scaling for Windows and Linux.
DaVinci Resolve 18.1 update is available now for download free of charge from the Blackmagic Design website. A video detailing what’s new in DaVinci Resolve 18.1 can be found at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB_c2ugLWa0