At an MSRP of only $1,995US, Blackmagic Design announced the immediate availability of a new model of their popular Pocket Cinema Camera 6K. It features a 6144 x 3456 Super 35 high resolution HDR sensor, dual native ISO, EF lens mount and direct recording to USB-C disks in addition to an adjustable touchscreen and a larger battery for longer run time. Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K G2 features include:
- Designed from carbon fiber polycarbonate composite.
- 6144 x 3456 sensor with 13 stops and dual native ISO up to 25,600.
- Compatible with a wide range of popular EF lenses.
- Up to 25,600 ISO for incredible low light performance.
- Standard open file formats compatible with popular software.
- Adjustable LCD screen.
- Includes Blackmagic Generation 5 Color Science.
- Optional Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera Pro EVF.
- Professional mini XLR inputs with 48 volt phantom power.
- Larger NP-F570 battery, optional Blackmagic Pocket Camera Battery Pro Grip.
- Includes full DaVinci Resolve Studio for post production.
Concurrently released new Blackmagic Camera 7.9 software adds the following features for the Pocket Cinema Camera 4K, 6K and 6K Pro including a new updated user interface, support for focus assist intensity adjustments via sliders, added support for custom presets and LUTs to be retained after software updates from this release onwards as well as improved lens and auto focus performance.