The Digital Cinema Society is announcing a new online web channel to be known as DCS Illuminates, a destination for online cinema lighting knowledge on demand. It will include new custom content in addition to the Digital Cinema Society’s vast archive from our past Cinema Lighting Expos and workshops with scores of interviews and practical demos with ASC DPs and other industry experts. We will also host curated content that is of particular interest to lighting professionals. The site is still being built, but we are proud to share our premiere production exploring the Cineo ReFlex r15
- A Road Test of the ARRI Orbiter.
- Working with the Rosco DMG Lumieré DASH.
- DMX for DPs. Helping Cinematographers to understand some of the myriad of abilities now available to them via wired and wireless remote lighting control.
- Kinetic Lighting for Virtual Production. Supplemental lighting in conjunction with video panels to perfectly match the action and background environment.
- Use of UVC light to decontaminate motion picture sets and promote Covid Safety.
- Interviews with renowned Directors of Photography about some of their most well known works, showing clips, and describing the lighting techniques they employed.
- A history of LED for Cinema Lighting and the Challenge to Achieve High Quality Color Fidelity.